(You need to have Quicktime player in order to play the audiofiles)
Situation: Name of organization Easy Jet
of company: Easy Jet is one of Europe's leading low-cost airlines. Since its
first flight in November 1995, the airline has grown from a Luton based airline
offering two routes from Luton to Glasgow and Edinburgh, to forty airlines offering
sixteen routes from 16 European destinations.
Easy Jet keeps costs low by eliminating the unnecessary costs and 'frills' which
characterize 'traditional' airlines.
Easy Jet wants to recruit new full-time cabin crew. Lucy Jenkins is Easy Jet's
Personnel Manager. Caroline Samuels works with Lucy in the Personnel Department.
Lucy and Caroline have a meeting to discuss the vacancies for cabin crew. Lucy
asks Caroline if she can prepare some information about the vacancies to put
on the company's website. A week and a half after the vacancy has been advertised,
Lucy and Caroline have a meeting to discuss the response to the advertisement.
involved Lucy Jenkins, aged 38, Personnel Manager;
Caroline Samuels, aged 20, Personnel Department employee.
Listening practice 1 Listen to the following conversation between
Jane and Daniel and answer the following questions.
Daniel Smith has seen the vacancy for cabin crew on Easy Jet's website. He phones
Easy Jet to ask for information about the vacancy for cabin crew.
He talks to Jane Watson from the Customer Services Department.
1. Which department does Jane work in?
2. What does Daniel have to send to Easy Jet to get an application form?
3. Where does Daniel's friend live?
4. What suggestion does Daniel make so that his friend can get an application
5. What does Jane suggest?
6. Why does Easy Jet prefer receiving application forms rather than CVs?
Listening practice 2
Lucy and Caroline have a meeting to discuss how the recruitment of new staff
is going. Listen to the following conversation between
Lucy and Caroline and then answer the following questions.
Answer the following questions after you have listened to the conversation between
Lucy and Caroline.
1. When was the vacancy for cabin crew put on the website?
2. Why were some people told they could send a short CV instead of an application
3. How many completed application forms have been returned?
4. Are the interviews going to be held in Luton or at all the different bases
where cabin crew is needed?
5. What does Lucy suggest Caroline does first?
6. Why is it not such a good idea?
7. What is Caroline's suggestion?
Complete the following sentences with an appropriate word from the dialogue.
1. Has there been a
good […] to the vacancy?
2. Send a letter to the applicants we want to [...] for an interview.
3. Twelve people have sent back a [...] application form.
4. It might be quite [...] for some of them to travel to London.
5. We've got a [...] letter for that.
Listening practice 3
Look at the job advertisement below. You will hear a conversation in which Fiona
Scott is telling a friend about the advertisement. Listen to the conversation and complete the